Thursday 9 April 2009

Thematic Photographic 44 Edible

Carmi at Written Inc has selected edible as his subject for Thematic Photographic 44 where you will find many other offerings on the subject.

This one I suppose you could say is slightly unusual...

The Smithfield Meat Market, London before it moved... far too early in the morning... meat enough here to feed half of London! I was taking photographs for a friend's thesis and just saw the opportunities of this... with an obliging butcher...





The art of persuasion!

Whilst I do not serve cooked Pigs or Boars head as a centerpiece for dinner it used to be a delicacy...

But on a more serious note we often forget how our food arrived ... I'm just glad I am not a butcher

3 comments:

  1. Um, yeah, well.....

    I don't fancy it, but you're right that it used to be considered quite a good thing.

    I don't really like its expression...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to the butcher for allowing you free rein, and kudos to you for seeing the possibilities. These are riveting indeed.

    It isn't something I'd eat, either, but aesthetically, it's an unforgettable thing to shoot. Your friend's lucky to have you behind the lens!

    ReplyDelete