Sunday 5 April 2009

Reflective

This post was made for Carmi's Thematic Photographic 43 - Reflective where we are invited to link images under his theme for the week. Check it out here.

Sunday afternoon ...the open expanse of sea sky and beach, a sunny day and light breeze, dog happy to walk for miles and my wife and I wandering along.

Don't some places generate a sense of being reflective... the beach, woods and rivers do this for me. However with the theme of reflective, and I have to admit to working with this thought for the last couple of days, I realised just how much we miss... all surfaces apart from a complete matte black are reflective to some degree, but we tend to look for the perfect reflection or mirror image and as I look back over my
blog postings you will find many reflection images.

So back to the beach and today faced with bright sun sea and sand at Formby in North West England I looked for the less obvious images...sea coal...no diamonds in this piece unfortunately but as you turn it in the sunlight the shiny surface sparkles...
... and there just could be diamonds there!

The brilliant sunlight also reflected blindingly off the small amounts of water held by the ripples of sand..
... until it seeped away



graphic images but readily identifiable

Then into the distance and photograph light rather than the image..
















4 comments:

  1. what a great sequence! I like how you gradually pull back your perspective to give the viewer an ever broadening context. The ripples are amazing...would look great in a frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad i stopped by for a look at your Reflective post for Carmi's challenge this week. You've done such a nice job with it. These photos are really nice.


    I played along too albeit a bit too late. I like my photo so I decided to post it anyway.

    And if you have a chance could you please stop by Sweetanlo's Reflective Post

    She has an amazing reflective photo posted and is afraid that no one will see it since she posted so late.

    It really is a great photo and ok I'm biased but it really is. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pastormac's Ann I did as you suggested

    ReplyDelete